I am a consultant, web developer and trainer.
My professional aim is media transformation for the benefit of everyone.
My work interests include open innovation, collaborative platforms, software freedom, media reform, civic technology, and developing minoritised and under-resourced human languages.
If you would like to discuss your use of digital media for a project or training for your team, please contact me for more details.
My recent clients include: Aberyswyth University, CULT Cymru, Heavenly Recordings, Welsh Government/Open Data Institute Cardiff, Wikimedia UK
Web development skills
- LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), Nginx
- PHP includes Composer, Symfony Console, phpunit, and test-driven development
- WordPress site/theme/plugin development, custom posts, wp-cli, multilingual, SEO
- MediaWiki: provisioning and managing wiki knowledge bases
- APIs: SendGrid, Twilio, Twitter, Wikipedia/MediaWiki, Flickr, eBay, Amazon, bit.ly
- Mapping and geographical information systems: OSM, Mapnik, mod_tile, leaflet.js
- Version control with git and GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket
- Virtualization with Docker
- Cloud collaboration platforms: Trello, Slack, Basecamp, Google Drive
- Privacy, data protection, copyright, licensing – law and good practice
- Training design and delivery
- Collaboration, communication, teamwork
- Online community management